Fill cherry tomatoes with a herby avocado filling for a light and easy summer hors d'oeuvre.
Yield Serves 6 as an hors d'oeuvre
- 1 pint large cherry tomatoes (about 30)
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced parsely
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- Cut thin slices from the tops of the cherry tomatoes. With a small melon ball cutter, scoop out and discard the seeds and pulp. Sprinkle the insides of the shells lightly with sugar and salt and invert the shells on paper towels to drain for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash avocados with sour cream, parsley, lime juice, lemon juice, chives, 1/4 tsp. salt, hot pepper sauce, and 1/4 tsp sugar.
- Using a small knife, fill the tomato shells with avocado mixture. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving dish and serve them chilled.
- Carbohydrates9 g(3%)
- Fat11 g(17%)
- Protein2 g(4%)
- Saturated Fat2 g(10%)
- Sodium209 mg(9%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat1 g
- Fiber5 g(21%)
- Monounsaturated Fat7 g
- Cholesterol2 mg(1%)
per serving (6 servings) Powered by Edamam